Imsys is excited to announce the launch of EMBLA: a multipurpose display module and IoT development platform. A fast track to embedded systems, EMBLA is:
- a development platform that offers a flexible migration path for high volume applications.
- a complete embedded system for new products.
- a display peripheral for legacy systems.
Imsys EMBLA is suitable for industrial applications as well as battery-powered IoT applications, and it can be tailored to your specific needs – by Imsys or your own design team. Examples of customizations include:
- Battery efficiency through a code optimization process
- Adapted formfactor
- Screen selection – none, 4.3 or 7 inch screen
- Choice of RF communication and I/Os
Develop your application on EMBLA and use the production-ready reference design for initial production. If desired, Imsys offers assistance in adapting I/O boards according to your specifications, from design to production. Embla baseboards can also be used as standalone micro controllers with a display interface, SD-card reader and I/O through the 80-pins mezzanine connector – enabling a unique customer solution adapted for specific requirements.
Imsys EMBLA generates high bandwidth graphics and audio, while running an application programmed in Java. For high-volume applications, Imsys can provide optimized integration solutions all the way to IP, reducing unit cost while using the same application code.